PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
This is a legal agreement between you and Emergency Bricks! ("EB!, we, our, us") in regard to your use of, and access to, the Emergency Bricks! Website (“the Website”).
This agreement imposes certain restrictions on your use of the Website. Please note that we retain ownership of the Website, and no rights are granted to you other than to use the Website under the terms and conditions expressly set forth in this document.
By checking the "I agree" box and registering for membership with Emergency Bricks! you agree to be and are hereby bound by the terms and conditions within our Terms of Service agreement.
Put simply, if you do not agree with/to these Terms of Service, you cannot use the Website.
Community / Website Access
- By accessing the website at https://emergencybricks.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
This Website is designed to be a platform for community discourse among Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFOLs) and other LEGO® enthusiasts with a focus on emergency services themed creations. To access the Website, you must be at least 18 years old. Guest/public access to our community is limited. Full access to this community requires you to establish a user account and username. All accounts must be tied to an email address or social networking profile you own and operate. Temporary/ disposable/ throwaway emails will not be permitted.
If you access the Website with a password or other data as part of our security procedures, you are required to treat that information securely. Do not disclose any secure information to any third parties. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you possess knowledge of your password you are to promptly notify us to have your account secured, or utilize the “Forgot Password” tool to reset your password immediately.
Personal Information & Data Privacy
By using the Website you also agree to have your contributions with your name or username made available to the public through the Website.
User Generated Content
- You understand that we may use your UGC, and any ideas, concepts or know-how contained therein, without payment of money or any other form of consideration, for any purpose including advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity. You agree that UGC may be copied or exported from the Website and published elsewhere on the internet, including on any social media sites. In addition, you understand that any UGC may be removed from the Website at any time for any reason.
When you provide UGC, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control the rights to your UGC and that the UGC is your original creation, has not been copied, recreated, reproduced, previously published, derived from or otherwise taken in whole or in part from any other work and the UGC does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws or regulations. You also warrant and represent that each person in the UGC has given their written permission and consent to be included and displayed publicly on the Site and our other social media sites and marketing materials and advertising, which you agree to provide to us upon request. You also represent and warrant that:
- You are at the least the age of legal majority in the state in which you reside;
- The UGC is not obscene, indecent, does not defame, disparage, invade the privacy of, or infringe upon or violate any rights of any kind whatsoever of any individual or entity;
- The UGC does not violate any law, rule, or regulation of any governmental entity;
- The UGC is not subject to any obligation of confidentiality;
- The UGC does not contain any fraudulent statements or misrepresentations that could damage Emergency Bricks! or any third party; and
- You have not received any compensation of any kind for any UGC, unless properly disclosed pursuant to FTC guidelines.
- You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold us, and any person acting on their behalf, harmless from any liability related in any way to our use of your UGC.
You acknowledge that we reserve the right to change, condense, edit, modify, transmit, display, or delete any UGC, and you waive any rights you have in having the material altered or changed posting, e-mailing or otherwise making available on the Website or other social media sites.
Intellectual Property Rights Infringement
- If you believe that any Content on the Website infringes your intellectual property rights, you as the rights holder or an agent thereof may either flag the content using reporting features within the site’s user interface or submit an intellectual property right complaint through the contact us section of the website.
All submissions must include the following to be considered valid:
- A signature (physical or digital) from the owner (or person(s) authorized to act on their behalf) of the allegedly infringed content.
- Direct link (URL) to the protected work on Emergency Bricks! claimed to be infringed. Multiple protected work complaints may be covered by a single notice provided a representative list of URLs from the Website are provided within said notice.
- Sufficient identification of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that has been infringed.
- Contact information including e-mail to permit us to get in touch with you regarding our findings, further inquiries, and resolutions.
A statement that you:
- Have good faith belief that the content is not authorized and;
- Have provided accurate information to the best of your ability and;
- Are the owner (or authorized representative) of the copyright interest involved under penalty of perjury.
- If we receive an intellectual property right Complaint form that complies with all the requirements, we reserve the right to refuse, to make private or to remove the Content. We reserve our rights to action against you if you misrepresent that a fair use of the Content constitutes infringement.
- If your Content has been removed as a result of an intellectual property right Complaint as per the above and you believe it is not infringing, or believe you have the authorization from the rights holder, the rights holder's agent, or pursuant to the law, to transmit and use the Content, you may send a counter-notice to us using the same submission standards posted above.
If any party fails to comply with all of the requirements of this Section, you acknowledge that your intellectual property right Notice and/or Counter-Notice form may not be valid and may therefore not be handled (whether fully or partially) by Emergency Bricks!
We want everyone to enjoy their Emergency Bricks! community experience, so we ask that user conduct and submissions meet certain standards. You agree that your User Content must be:
- materials you have created yourself or are allowed to submit;
- something you genuinely believe (if it’s your opinion);
- legal to be shared with other site users.
You agree not to do any of the following while accessing or using the Website:
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, that may be invasive of another's right of privacy or publicity, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, an Emergency Bricks! administrator, moderator, representative or agent, message board leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that you do not have a right to transmit, under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that contains a virus, corrupted data, Trojan horse, bot, keystroke logger, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other computer programming routines that are intended to and/or actually damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or mine, scrape or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that are related to the Website
- use the comment and discussion systems in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users, flooding;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any User Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- transmit or facilitate the transmission of any content to an e-mail address, messenger-feature address or other location that is not yours or to which you do not have the expressly authorized right to use without securing the prior authorization of such other person or entity;
- harass, stalk, or threaten any other users in the Website;
- participate in any action within the Website which, in our sole judgment, exploits or abuses an undocumented aspect of the Website in order to obtain an unfair advantage over other users of the Website;
- participate in any action within the Website which, in our sole judgment, defrauds another user including, but not limited to, by scamming or social engineering;
- access or attempt to access any areas within the Website that have not been made available to users;
- register for or hold multiple accounts on the Website simultaneously;
- circumvent or attempt to circumvent disciplinary measures taken against your account, including registering for or using a new account on the Website after being suspended or banned.
We reserve the right to monitor materials submitted to us, and may choose to remove or refuse any such materials that are not within the spirit of our standards above. We retain the right to suspend, terminate, or otherwise sanction your Website membership if you violate the Terms of Service and/or Community Guidelines, as well as to take any other action required or permitted under any applicable laws.
- We want everyone to enjoy their Emergency Bricks! community experience, so we ask that user conduct and submissions meet certain standards. You agree that your User Content must be:
License of Use
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. The Website is protected by national copyright laws and international copyright treaties. You may not copy or download any content from the Website unless you are expressly authorized to do so. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from us or our licensors. Emergency Bricks! reserves all rights in owned and licensed content that are not expressly granted to you in these Terms of Service. Making unauthorized copies of content found on the Website may result in the actions up to and including suspension, termination of your account, and/or further legal action.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Emergency Bricks! website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Emergency Bricks! website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Emergency Bricks! at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
Disclaimer / Limited Warranty
- The materials on the Website are provided on an 'as is' basis. Emergency Bricks! makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Emergency Bricks! does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
This website, by design, contains user generated content which express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We can remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
Limitation of Remedies
In no event shall Emergency Bricks! or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Emergency Bricks! website, even if Emergency Bricks! or an Emergency Bricks! authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
These Terms of Service and your right to use the Website shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the provisions of these Terms of Service. No notice shall be required from us to effectuate such termination. We may, at our sole discretion, remove or block any hosted Content (including, but not limited to user comments, data, information, graphics, photographs, images, illustrations, and video clips) from the Website without prior notice or liability for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to take legal or technical steps to ban any user from the Website without prior notice or liability if the user is believed to be violating the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Should you wish to deactivate your account on the Website, you may do using the “Deactivate my account” link at the bottom of your “Account Settings” page. Some data may be privately retained for archival and security purposes if a user opts to deactivate their account. Emergency Bricks! reserves the right to limit or terminate the services made available via the Website at any time without notice.
These Terms of Service will be governed by laws set forth by the Government of the United States of America, and the State of Ohio. You acknowledge that the export of the Website is governed by the export control laws of the United States of America and other countries. If you are downloading the Website, you represent and warrant that you are not located in or under the control of any country which the export laws and regulations of such country or of the U.S.A. prohibit the exportation. By using the Website, you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the United States and/or State of Ohio.
Availability & Modifications
We may update or change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our service, our users’ needs, and our community priorities. Please note that provision of our websites is reliant on both our own systems and (where relevant) those of our partners - we do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or your access to it will be uninterrupted (whether in our control or not). We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site as we see fit for personal and operational reasons. You understand that we are not responsible to you for any interruption to or withdrawal of your access to this site.
Terms of Service Updates & Notice
We reserve the right to update these terms without notice at any time. While we will make all reasonable efforts to notify you of major changes, your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the current Terms of Service.
- Please note that the Website is an online Platform and requires internet access. In the event of internet failure, some Website data could be lost. We will try to resume the lost data, Website stats, Website scores and User Generated Content to the extent reasonably possible. We can, however, not be held liable for such internet failures.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group. The LEGO Group does not sponsor, authorize, or otherwise endorse Emergency Bricks! LEGO®, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure and the brick and knob configurations are registered trademarks of the LEGO Group.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ENTIRE AGREEMENT
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, UNDERSTAND THEM AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN US WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.