Community Updates:

(edited)

Would be pretty cool if EB had an option to add a watermark to photos you add into the gallery. Maybe it would be put in a specific place but it would be pretty cool if you were able to choose where to put the watermark. Just an idea...

Edited by Rescue 423
  • Like 3

• Community Manager

We have the ability to add an EB watermark, which was something I had planned for down the road (Reworking our branding at the moment.)

I am unsure if I could have it setup for that to be switched out with custom watermarks, but I'll look into that as well.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Update:

Basic watermarks have been implemented featuring the new EB logo in the bottom right corner of all photos and screenshots uploaded to the gallery and workshop. This is to (in theory) protect from most blatant rips from the website. The original, untouched photo is still available for download by the creator if they have any need for it in the future. 

At this time, custom per user watermarks are not supported but will remain something we hope to implement in the future.

The watermark we chose was a plain, transparent white version of our logo without text to avoid from being distracting in your images. In the vast majority of images it should be out of the way entirely. We had to balance the size between being big enough to be a meaningful watermark with being so small it was pointless as a watermark. 

If you have any feedback I'm all ears, but for now I'll mark this suggestion as implemented. 

• Like 2

Still can't wait for customizable watermarks but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds.