Community Updates:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

More progress on the square! Took out the driveshafts and put the differentials in, put traction bars in, and put in new driveshafts. Still have to do the drop box, steering linkage, and a few other t

Look what I got. Had to have since I live in Washington state 

Got this cool f350 dually pickup from my parents. Pretty sweet. I also got uncle Eddie's rv from national lampoon Christmas vacation. My favorite Christmas movie. I put in a pic from the movie of the

Posted Images

Heres a question, if someone wanted to make a layout in 1:64, what scale would they use? (I wouldn't do it, to much money in LEGO already haha, just curious)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Josh said:

Heres a question, if someone wanted to make a layout in 1:64, what scale would they use? (I wouldn't do it, to much money in LEGO already haha, just curious)

I'm not sure I understand... if it's a 1/64 scale layout they would use a 1/64 scale right? I think I'm missing something here lol

1 minute ago, Rylie Davis said:

I just wish they made pumpers and ladders. That be cool

Dats what Code 3 Collectibles and your wallet is for 😂

1 minute ago, Joshua B said:

Dats what Code 3 Collectibles and your wallet is for 😂

I looked on eBay for a code 3 sutphen pumper. Could not find one under 50 dollars. Way too expensive for a 1/64 scale firetruck

4 minutes ago, Joshua B said:

I'm not sure I understand... if it's a 1/64 scale layout they would use a 1/64 scale right? I think I'm missing something here lol

I mean the letter scale (like O, G, HO)

Just now, Rylie Davis said:

I looked on eBay for a code 3 sutphen pumper. Could not find one under 50 dollars. Way too expensive for a 1/64 scale firetruck

They're worth the price, it's just a matter of whether or not you're willing to spend that much. They're only gonna go up, so think of it as retirement funds 😛 that said I won't be buying any any time soon

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Rylie Davis said:

On Amazon and ebay they have the amercom 1/64 scale fire trucks for cheap

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fire-Truck-Quint-Pierce-USA-2005-1-87-No3-/110917617752 

Edited by Rylie Davis
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Josh said:

I mean the letter scale (like O, G, HO)

Oh I understand, just 1/64 scale. Most standard modeling stuff found at craft stores like trees, bushes, grass, gravel, etc works in a variety of scales. This guy is my favorite diorama-ist JM Carney (@hookctn) • Instagram photos and videos (he's also the one who inspired my flatbed squarebody project)

Edited by Joshua B
1 hour ago, Joshua B said:

Oh I understand, just 1/64 scale. Most standard modeling stuff found at craft stores like trees, bushes, grass, gravel, etc works in a variety of scales. This guy is my favorite diorama-ist JM Carney (@hookctn) • Instagram photos and videos (he's also the one who inspired my flatbed squarebody project)

Oh ok, thanks!

👍Looks good, very nice color! Get some black wheels on it, and personally, i would take the tampoed badge off but I guess that's why you bought it lol

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Joshua B said:

👍Looks good, very nice color! Get some black wheels on it, and personally, i would take the tampoed badge off but I guess that's why you bought it lol

+1 for the black wheels! make it look super cool.

• Like 2

Well I got the second one today. I love it. Crown vics are my fav police car. Also I told my girlfriend that I started collecting these and she said she's fine with it if only she can have a shelf for her rock collection 😅

20210302_180616.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rylie Davis said:

Crown vics are my fav police car.

same though

Just now, Josh said:

same though

I so bad want to get my hands on the greenlight washington state patrol crown vic, but its 120 dollars on eBay sadly 😞 

• Like 1

Nice! GL made this Charger for the 100th anniversary of the Michigan State Police, but it's pretty pricey so I won't be getting it. Normally our livery is a dark blue with gold badge but the new Chargers we got for the anniversary came in that black and gold livery, personally I love it! They also make a 2021 Exploder in the usual blue and gold but being a Ford I'm not so sure about it.... lol! Although my very first GL I got for my bday was an exploder with a utility trailer 🤔

IMG_0422.thumb.JPG.3a9f1cb3578617b53c46b7e606ce9b4a.JPG

@Rylie Davis if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the lifted tan Silverado? I'm thinking of buying one, since it comes with a roll bar, push bar and lift I'll I'd have to do is take the badge off and put new wheels on.

Among other news, the square is taking shape 👀 atm I finished the chassis and got the cab and flatbed glued on, but I still have finish work to do underneath, as well as suspension and some other details like mirrors, clearance lights, running boards, etc. I thought about drilling a hole through the bed for a gooseneck, but seeing as I don't have one yet so I don't know the size and such, I didn't. Wheels are just a mock-up atm btw, there isn't even a place for axles to go right now and I won't be using those wheels.

image_116523.thumb.jpg.d84abb4b638e872858d4d6ad527175d1.jpg

If I could do it again, I would not have taken the flatbed off the chassis it came with and remounted it onto another chassis. I would instead cut it off from the truck it came with, cutting it's portion of chassis off with it, and then do the same with the cab and then pair them. but it should turn out fine, I happen to have a paint color that is a perfect match to the flatbed so that's super helpful.

1 minute ago, Joshua B said:

Nice! GL made this Charger for the 100th anniversary of the Michigan State Police, but it's pretty pricey so I won't be getting it. Normally our livery is a dark blue with gold badge but the new Chargers we got for the anniversary came in that black and gold livery, personally I love it! They also make a 2021 Exploder in the usual blue and gold but being a Ford I'm not so sure about it.... lol! Although my very first GL I got for my bday was an exploder with a utility trailer 🤔

IMG_0422.thumb.JPG.3a9f1cb3578617b53c46b7e606ce9b4a.JPG

@Rylie Davis if you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the lifted tan Silverado? I'm thinking of buying one, since it comes with a roll bar, push bar and lift I'll I'd have to do is take the badge off and put new wheels on.

Among other news, the square is taking shape 👀 atm I finished the chassis and got the cab and flatbed glued on, but I still have finish work to do underneath, as well as suspension and some other details like mirrors, clearance lights, running boards, etc. I thought about drilling a hole through the bed for a gooseneck, but seeing as I don't have one yet so I don't know the size and such, I didn't. Wheels are just a mock-up atm btw, there isn't even a place for axles to go right now and I won't be using those wheels.

image_116523.thumb.jpg.d84abb4b638e872858d4d6ad527175d1.jpg

If I could do it again, I would not have taken the flatbed off the chassis it came with and remounted it onto another chassis. I would instead cut it off from the truck it came with, cutting it's portion of chassis off with it, and then do the same with the cab and then pair them. but it should turn out fine, I happen to have a paint color that is a perfect match to the flatbed so that's super helpful.

Hey Joshua. I purchased the Silverado off of Amazon and it was 10 dollars. A bit overpriced but I had to use up an Amazon gift card from Christmas 🎄 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rylie Davis said:

Hey Joshua. I purchased the Silverado off of Amazon and it was 10 dollars. A bit overpriced but I had to use up an Amazon gift card from Christmas 🎄 

Yeah after I posted that I did a lil searching, the cheapest on amazon is $10.99 and it's $8.99 on ebay. I may buy it at some point, we'll see.

Well well well, todays trip up to the capital was over budget but I got some cool stuff I wasn't planning on buying. A set of nice hay bales, a Greenlight Down on the Farm tractors, some raw materials, and a big roll of fake grass for a farm diorama that's in the planning stage (not pictured).

IMG_1543.thumb.JPG.9960d73b780f5057d7f263ec9ea4b1db.JPG

The bales were $10 at Hobby Lobby, didn't even know you could buy them but they're super cool and really fun. I'll have to make one of those bale spikes out of a sewing needle now! They're made out of a fake grass material.

IMG_1547.thumb.JPG.fcaf5e493d2ccc53df8b55308ff4f90f.JPG

IMG_1548.thumb.JPG.d5d6eb8f5f88458dd92cba67263b63bd.JPG

I stopped at a different Meijer, and they didn't have the Dually Drivers I was looking for, but they did have a few GL tractors so a got this one. It's not the N I wanted, but it's a nice one! Ford 9N with a cab (which I wish I could take off but it would leave holes in the hood and fenders). The color is the same as my grandpa's old 9N which my brother bought years ago, that was the first of a half dozen plus N series tractors my brother and I bought and sold. 

IMG_1549.thumb.JPG.4ad3cfdfd4974930fcf5cd4206864708.JPG

As you can see the scale is really good compared to a GL 2500

IMG_1550.thumb.JPG.60de66a5e6f30d1be0b3d9da57fcebdc.JPG

And with those raw materials I mentioned, I did some suspension work to the square 👀 Front axle holder is in place, part of the rear holder and driveshafts are in place, and a 4" straight pipe is in place and painted. Also have to clean up the frame a little and close off the ugly stuff under the flatbed with some styrene.

IMG_1552.thumb.JPG.62b7cf5f3866b392c5b8edf181d9fc0d.JPG

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Dang those hay bales look amazing!

Not as good as these homemade ones at the Hook C, but they're super cool all right! (not my pic)

image.thumb.png.e32a378bb9fc6569f45287bdf84262a1.png